Oral Exams & X-Rays
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. Cutter at your initial dental visit.
At regular check-up exams, Dr. Cutter and a hygienist will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, cysts, bone loss, etc. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.